Kimball Brooker Promoted to Co-Head of Global Value Team; PMs Promoted and Added to Certain Strategies
NEW YORK, April 30, 2021—First Eagle Investment Management is pleased to announce a number of promotions and assignments within the Global Value team, all of which are effective May 1, 2021.
Kimball Brooker has been promoted to Co-Head of the Global Value team alongside Matt McLennan. A 12-year veteran of First Eagle, Kimball has worked closely with Matt as the Deputy Head of Global Value for the past seven years, and his role has evolved significantly as the team has grown in terms of human capital and breadth of capabilities. Kimball’s promotion to Co-Head both formalizes his day-to-day contributions to the management of the team and recognizes the strategic vision and leadership he has provided to support its ongoing development on behalf of our clients. Kimball and Matt now report jointly to First Eagle President and Chief Executive Officer Mehdi Mahmud.
“Kimball’s promotion to Co-Head of the Global Value team reflects not just the weight of his responsibilities and his cumulative positive impact both on our portfolios and on team development, but also the preeminent role model he represents for our desired temperament and judgment,” said McLennan.
Global Value team members, including Portfolio Managers, are first and foremost research analysts. To recognize the sustained contribution of our deep bench of senior analysts and to ensure that we are fully leveraging the diverse perspectives of investment professionals across the Global Value team, we have added new Portfolio Managers to certain strategies and promoted Associate Portfolio Managers in others. We expect that empowering more of our investment professionals with portfolio management responsibility will contribute to our ongoing quest for high-quality investment ideas while also bringing valuable perspective to our position-sizing decisions. It also will bolster our mentoring and development efforts across the platform, further strengthening our bench and helping nurture the Global Value team leaders of tomorrow.
- Manish Gupta was promoted to Portfolio Manager of the Global Value strategy from Associate Portfolio Manager.
- Julien Albertini was named Portfolio Manager of the Global Value strategy.
- Christian Heck was promoted to Portfolio Manager of the International Value strategy from Associate Portfolio Manager.
- Al Barr was promoted to Portfolio Manager of the International Value strategy from Associate Portfolio Manager.
- Mark Wright was promoted to Portfolio Manager of the US Value strategy from Associate Portfolio Manager.
- Idanna Appio was named Portfolio Manager of the Global Income strategy and promoted to Portfolio Manager of the Capital Income strategy, on which she had been Associate Portfolio Manager.
- George Ross was promoted to Portfolio Manager of the Capital Income strategy from Associate Portfolio Manager.
We believe the key to First Eagle’s investment process is the distinct temperament of our professionals—characterized by patience, humility and flexibility—and the culture it engenders. This internal dynamic provides us with what we view as a competitive advantage, and we have sought to institutionalize this advantage over time through our deliberate talent hiring, mentoring and development strategy. In our experience, providing growth opportunities for talented individuals and continually reinforcing the strength of our leadership framework best positions our investment teams to deliver prudent stewardship of client assets over the long term.
First Eagle Investment Management