Online Privacy Statement
This Online Privacy Statement describes the personal information First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (“First Eagle,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects or receive from or about you when you visit www.feim.com and any other site on which a link to this Online Privacy Statement appears (“Website”) and the ways in which we use and share it. This Online Privacy Statement does not apply to information we collect from you offline such as when you submit an application or other form to us or one of our affiliates via mail or by telephone.
If you are a prospective, current or former client of First Eagle or shareholder in a First Eagle Fund, some of the information we may collect from you online constitutes “non-public personal information.” Our collection, sharing and use of non-public personal information is governed by the privacy notice we deliver to you pursuant to federal law. To access the privacy policies that may be relevant to you, please read the Privacy Overview.
Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you in various ways. Some of this information may be considered “personal information” under applicable law. The personal information that you provide and that we collect or receive from you depends on the context of your interaction with us and our Website, the choices you make when you use our Website, and the features that you use.
You may provide information to us directly. For example, we collect and receive information from you directly when you contact us, register for or log in to your account. This information may include your name and contact details, user ID and password.
You may provide information to third parties who act on our behalf. We may engage to third party entities to provide services to us and may receive information about you from those entities.
We collect information from you automatically through tracking technologies. When you visit our website we collect certain information from you automatically. We may collect this information through cookies and other tracking technologies. We may combine this information with other information we collect about you on our Website or via other sources.
The information we collect automatically may include the following:
- Your IP address;
- Your device identifier;
- Your location;
- The type of browser and/or operating system you are using;
- The domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Information regarding when you access or how you use our Website; and
- The URLs of the pages that you visit and information regarding how long you use various pages or aspects of our Website.
For more information regarding how we and third parties we engage may collect information from you automatically via cookies and other tracking technologies, please see Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies below.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you in a variety of ways, including:
- To present our Website and its contents to you and to operate our Website;
- To deliver the information, products or services you have requested from us;
- To register your account and deliver access to your account to you;
- To reach out to you about and market or promote new information, products or services to you that we believe you may be interested in;
- In connection with client services and client management systems;
- To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes to our Website or products or services;
- To help us improve our Website and deliver a more personalized experience. This includes by enabling us to estimate and analyze our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to our Website;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into with you. This includes for billing and collection, and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of the Website, its employees or agents, or other users or to comply with law;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or otherwise at your direction or with your consent; and
- As permitted by law or as we may notify you.
How We Share Information
We may share the information that we collect pursuant to this Online Privacy Statement as follows:
- With our affiliates;
- With our service providers, business partners and vendors. These parties may include companies that host our Website, provide web analytics, perform data processing, distribute emails to you or help us communicate with you;
- When you request any of our products or services. We will share your information to the extent necessary or appropriate to fulfill your request; and
- As permitted and/or when required to do so by law. For example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
If First Eagle or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or lines of business is merged, acquired, divested, financed, sold, disposed of or dissolved, including through merger, consolidation, sale or divestiture of assets, the relevant customer database, including personal information we may possess about you, and information collected pursuant to this Online Privacy Statement, may, in whole or in part, be sold, disposed of, transferred, divested, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction or proceeding.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our Website may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use our Website.
- To operate the Website and provide the Website and its content to you;
- For functional or analytics purposes, such as to provide us with information about which portions of our Website are the most popular, enabling us to see what web pages a user visits and how much time a user spends on each page; and
- To personalize your experience on our Website (e.g., to recognize you by name when you return to our site, to save your password in password-protected areas, or to tailor content, or product and service offerings to you).
Third Party Rights to Your Information
We take steps to contractually limit the rights our third-party partners have to the information they collect from you via cookies and other tracking technologies. However, we may grant some of our third-party partners independent rights to your personal information (e.g., your IP address), including rights to use your personal information for their own purposes. In such cases, we do not control those third parties’ further use of your personal information and such use is governed by those third-parties’ respective privacy policies.
You can generally manage your cookie preferences through your web browser. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies and how to disable existing cookies. For more information regarding how to manage your preferences, please consult the information made available by your particular browser or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
With respect to Google Analytics, you can also view Google’s currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout in an effort to opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics.
Please note that if you choose not to accept cookies, you may be unable to use certain features of our Website. In addition, you may still receive advertisements on our Website; however, they may not be as relevant to you.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Website contains links to third-party sites and services whose privacy practices may be different than ours. We may also allow you to connect with other third-party sites and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites and services and you should consult the other third-party sites’ and services’ privacy notices in order to better understand their privacy practices.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not recognize the “do not track” signals that some browsers may employ as no uniform standard for responding to such signals has been developed at this time.
Your relationship and trust are very important to us, as is the security of your personal information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in an effort to safeguard consumer information and personal information.
Our Website is not intended for users under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 is permitted to access or use this Website or provide us with personal information.
Correcting and Deleting Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us pursuant to this Online Privacy Statement and any subsequent updates to such information. We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that you provide to us. Please contact us at FirstEagle.Privacy@feim.com in order to do so.
Changes to the Online Privacy Statement
We may update or revise our Online Privacy Statement at any time. If there are changes we will post an updated version of the relevant policy or policies on the Website.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Online Privacy Statement, please call us toll free at: (800) 482-5667.
Last revised: October 1, 2020